Natural light is a key ingredient for a beautiful home. You’ll notice this more when you stop and think about it, but if you’ve truly admired a home before, large and custom windows were likely present. Small and square windows are not particularly exciting, but if you have large windows with curves or arches, that is stunning! The details and design of custom windows can greatly enhance the look of your home and improve the lighting as well.
Below is a list of a few different types of windows that are commonly used:
- Casement windows can be opened outward, and they are an excellent choice for mild climates where you may have your windows open more.
- Bay windows usually have three large windows. With two at an angle, they protrude from a house, these are typically where you would find a window seat in a home.
- Bow windows are similar to bay windows, but a little bit less angled so they have more of a curved appearance, which usually means there are a few more windows than bay windows.
- Garden windows are similar to a bay or bow window, but much smaller. They are typically found in kitchens just behind the sink and can be used to hold flowers, herb gardens, or other plants.
- Double-hung windows are a type of window where both the top and bottom part of the window can slide up or down, as opposed to single-hung windows where only one part can be moved.
If you’re considering making some changes to your home, we definitely recommend adding some custom windows. We are happy to provide you with some suggestions of how to make the space beautiful by installing custom windows.